As a Chartered Accountant practicing in Victoria BC, Phil currently provides accounting and tax services to clients. Phil focuses a majority of his time on Canadian and US cross border income tax and planning. Phil has experience in servicing client’s needs and providing relevant accounting and tax advice in a way that helps clients meet their goals.
Phil successfully passed the CA Uniform Final Examination in 2007 while articling in Victoria. Prior to obtaining his Chartered Accountancy designation, Phil worked in the brokerage industry for RBC Dominion Securities and traded securities as a full-time day trader with SwiftTrade Securities.
Phil is currently enrolled in the CICA In-Depth Tax Course. He hopes to use the insight and skills obtained throughout the course to provide an even higher level of service to his clients.
Phil assists clients in the following areas:
- Personal and corporate tax planning and preparation
- USA-Canada Cross border tax preparation and planning
- US Amnesty late filed returns
- Estate planning
- Audit and review of financial statements
- CRA disputes and tax audits
- Accounting and tax for real estate developments
To contact Hutcheson and Co. please call 250-381-2400 to schedule an appointment.