Reach Phil

Phil Hogan is a Partner of Hutcheson and Co LLP Chartered Professional Accountant specializing in Canadian and US cross border taxation and financial planning. Phil has helped hundreds of clients navigate the move from the US to Canada.

If you’re thinking of moving to Canada or simply coming back up north to retire reach out to Phil today to discuss your transition plan. Phil can help with you both cross-border investment and tax planning.

Phone: 250-661-9417
Watch Phil in action on YouTube
To see if you qualify for a complementary consultation please complete the following consultation form.

Phil Hogan, CPA

Cross Border tax and financial planner - Phil Hogan, CPA

Phil also helps clients plan for their cross border investments. Whether it’s transferring IRAs to Canada or planning for investments in the US before moving up to Canada Phil has seen it all. If you have questions about your Canadian investments, US investments or inheritances please reach out to Phil at the contact information below.


When he is not helping clients navigate through their cross border tax, financial issues or marketing plans Phil enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 children in beautiful Mill Bay BC.

The best way to reach Phil is via email at or on his phone at 250-661-9417.

To better understand your situation please complete the following intake form and Phil will do his best to get back to you as soon as possible.

For more information on how to stay updated on cross-border tax and financial planning issues please visit:

You can listen or download the podcast here and make sure to subscribe on Apple Podcast to ensure you don’t miss any future episodes.

You can also stay updated on US Expat Tax and financial planning issues by following us at:

American in Canada Private Facebook Group
Americans in Canada Reddit sub Reddit
Here on Twitter
On Instagram here
Sign up for our Expat Tax and financial planning newsletter here
You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel here