CRA Is Now Offering Online Payment Services


I have helped hundreds of people successfully navigate from the US to Canada. If you're thinking of moving or retiring to Canada contact me today to chat about your plans.

I can be reached via email at, by phone at 250-661-9417 or through my contact page here.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Phil Hogan, CPA, CA, CPA (CO)
Cross-Border Tax and Investment Specialist


It’s been a long time coming, but The Canada Revenue Agency is now offering electronic payments for individuals and businesses.

Their new MyPayment system allows individuals to pay personal tax installments and balances as well as allowing businesses to pay the following accounts:

  • GST/HST;
  • Payroll Source Deductions;
  • Corporation Income Tax;
  • Excise Duty;
  • Excise Tax;
  • Air Traveller’s Security Charge;
  • Tax on Insurance Premiums
  • Softwood Lumber Products Export Charge;
  • Nova Scotia Worker’s Compensation Board.

However keep in mind that CRA has only approved the following financial institutions for MyPayment transactions:

  • BMO Bank of Montreal
  • Scotiabank
  • RBC Royal Bank
  • TD Canada Trust

For more information on MyPayment please visit here.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here