On episode #12 of Crossing the 49th Podcast we walk through some frequently asked questions regarding cross-border tax and financial planning.
I speak to lots of cross-border clients each week and I’ve compiled a list of some of the most asked questions I get.
- I’m a US citizen moving to Canada and my investment bank is asking for a W8-BEN?
- CRA asked about my foreign tax credit calculation and now I owe more money?
- I’m an American living in Canada selling my home, will I pay any extra tax?
- When I get my Canadian citizenship will I lose my US citizenship?
- Is my inheritance from the US taxable in Canada?
- Can I deduct my RRSP contributions on my US tax return?
- I live in Canada, should I contribute to my IRA or RRSP?
You can also stay updated on US Expat Tax and financial planning issues by following us at:
American in Canada Private Facebook Group
Americans in Canada Reddit sub Reddit
Here on Twitter
On Instagram here
Sign up for our Expat Tax and financial planning newsletter here
You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel here
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Podcast and YouTube video is for information purposes only and should not be construed as tax or financial planning advice. Tax and financial planning rules change from year to year and the information contained within may be outdated. Ensure to engage an experienced and competent tax and financial planner to help you with your tax and financial planning needs.