June 15 filing deadline approaches for self-employed individuals


Self employed individuals and their spouses/common law partners have until midnight on Tuesday, June 15 to file their income tax returns. Any outstanding balances for 2009 had to be paid on or before April 30/2010.

Click here to read more:



  1. Income tax filing is for all Canadians over the age of 18. If you’re employed under the age of 18 and your employer deducted income tax from your wages, you can complete your income tax and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) will refund the taxes paid. Income tax is due by April 30.

    Internet services for income tax filing

    Filing electronically is the easiest way. A four digit access code is issued from CRA each tax year. This access code will enable you to Netfile and Telefile.

    Netfile – if you complete your income tax return using computer software, this easy way will allow you to use your four digit access code and file over the internet.

    Efile – your Efile service provider can complete and file your income tax retune for you electronically.

    Telephone services for income tax filing

    Telefile – filing your income tax by Telefile is another easy way. Use the 4 digit access code printed on the label sheet that you received in the mail. If you did not receive your access code call CRA @ 1-800-714-7257 and receive it by phone. Once you have your access code call CRA @ 1-800-959-1110 to file your income tax return.

    Before you start

    Do you have to file an income tax return?

    You must file a return if:

    – You earned income and have to pay tax.
    – You disposed of capital property, or realized a capital gain.
    – Repay any of your old age security or employment insurance benefits.
    – You have to repay your registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) under the Home Buyer’s Plan or the Life Long Learning Plan.
    – You have to pay Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
    – You want to claim a tax refund.
    – You want to claim the Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB)
    – You want to apply for GST credit.
    – You want to receive Canada Child Tax Benefit.
    – You want to report you RRSP.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here