Tax Tip #2 – Can I Adjust a Previous Year’s Canadian Tax Return?


I have helped hundreds of people successfully navigate from the US to Canada. If you're thinking of moving or retiring to Canada contact me today to chat about your plans.

I can be reached via email at, by phone at 250-661-9417 or through my contact page here.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Phil Hogan, CPA, CA, CPA (CO)
Cross-Border Tax and Investment Specialist

If you find that you’ve made a mistake on your Canadian tax return you are able to submit a T1adj form with CRA to make the changes. Once submitted CRA will assess the changes, make the required changes (in some cases they may want to verify documentation backup for the changes) and send you a Notice of Reassessment explaining the results of the reassessment. The form can be downloaded from CRA’s site here.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here