On episode #4 of the Expat Tax and Financial Planning Podcast we discuss some of the most asked questions I get from clients regarding cross-border tax and financial planning issues.
The top questions discussed on this podcast include:
- As a US citizen in Canada do I have to file US taxes?
- What is an FBAR?
- How do I report my US assets?
- What is the Canadian tax filing deadline?
- What is the US filing deadline?
- Can I own Canadian mutual funds as a US citizen in Canada?
- Can I transfer my US retirement accounts to Canada?
- What if I’m a US citizen living in Canada and have not filed US tax returns?
- Is my US stimulus payment taxable in Canada?
- Can I file jointly in Canada with my spouse?
You can also stay updated on US Expat Tax and financial planning issues by following us at:
American in Canada Private Facebook Group
Americans in Canada Reddit sub Reddit
Here on Twitter
On Instagram here
Sign up for our Expat Tax and financial planning newsletter here
You can subscribe to my YouTube Channel here
Disclaimer: The information contained in this Podcast and YouTube video is for information purposes only and should not be construed as tax or financial planning advice. Tax and financial planning rules change from year to year and the information contained within may be outdated. Ensure to engage an experienced and competent tax and financial planner to help you with your tax and financial planning needs.